Things To Do
The famous Canterbury Festival held in October this year is
Kent's International Arts Festival and is one of the most important
cultural events in the South East. It attracts an audience of over
70,000 people of all
ages to 200 free and ticketed events, drawn from across Kent,
London and the South East.
RESTAURANTS IN CANTERBURY
We are very lucky to have so many excellent restaurants, cafes and bistros. Here is a short list of popular independent restaurants, although there are many more in Canterbury and the surrounding area: WE can help you and advise you on arrival or contact the restaurant directly for more information... Reservation recommended on Saturdays and Graduation Weeks
- Deesons* (British) http://www.deesonsrestaurant.co.uk/index.php 01227 767854 01227 767854
- Salt (British tapas) www.saltcanterbury.co.uk 01227 788595 01227 788595
- Cafe Mauresque* (North African) http://www.cafemauresque.com/swf/start.html Phone:01227 464300 01227 464300
- Chapmans Restaurant *(Seafood) Phone:01227 780749 01227 780749
- Goods Shed* (British/Organic) http://thegoodsshed.co.uk/ Phone:01227 459153 01227 459153
- Cafe de Amis* (Mexican) http://www.cafedez.com/
- The Ambrette* Award winning Indian/British Fusion restaurant. Tel 01227 200 777
01227 200 777 http://www.theambrette.co.uk/canterbury.php
- The Bull (Italian) http://www.thebullbistro.com/
- Pinocchio's (Family - Italian) Phone:01227 457538 01227 457538
- Cafe du Soleil (Mediterranean/European) www.cafedusoleil.co.uk
- The Old Weaver (British) Phone:01227 464660 01227 464660
- Oscar & Bentleys (British Gluten-Free) http://www.oscar-bentleys.co.uk/ 01227 454544 01227 454544
Lots of pubs are open and many will have live music.
THE CUBAN has live music and a DJ at weekends. Salsa is the name of the game on SATURDAYS and throughout the week it seems to have a nice buzz. They have a delicious tapas menu and good quality restaurant too.
THE BALLROOM is a fun place for adults of all ages! It has a variety of regular and special events throughout the week http://www.theballroom.co/venue.html
One of the highlights of a visit to the region is the famous 'Crab and Winkle' bike path that stretches from Canterbury to the coast. We recommend that you take a look at Canterbury Cycle Hire on: www.wcch.co.uk or call 07791114529. You can pick up your bike directly from the garden at the House of Agnes and you can even go one-way only if you are not very keen on riding all the way back!
Many visitors to Canterbury would also like to know more about this area of Kent. 'Tours of the Realm' offer chauffeured sightseeing tours of rural and historic Britain for individual travellers or small exclusive groups of up to 3 people www.toursoftherealm.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Combine a stay at the House of Agnes with a visit to the brand new MARLOWE THEATRE which opened in October 2011. You are likely to be able to see one of The UK's biggest and best touring shows and performances direct from London's West End such as the famous 'Pygmalion' or West Side Story ,Jersey Boys and The Motown Story. Check out the fabulous summer and autumn seasons on www.marlowetheatre.com
One of the many interesting things you can do whilst in the area is to visit the Shepherds Neame Brewery in nearby Faversham. At the House of Agnes we're proud to serve a variety of their wonderful local beers and you can go one step further... By experiencing a Brewery Tour where you can go behind the scenes of a busy working brewery as well as learn some of the history of beer-making... not to mention the tasting at the end !!! Well worth the visit. Click on http://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/brewery/tours/
Canterbury Golf Club has a fabulous 18 hole course designed by Harry Colt. When residing at the House of Agnes you can play by arrangement. Just ask at reception for more details or go to www.canterburygolfclub.co.uk to view the course and to obtain further information on the restaurant, pro shop and driving range.
For an unforgettable day trip, and only a half hour drive from Canterbury, try Leeds Castle (said to be the most beautiful castle in the UK). Check the following link: http://www.leeds-castle.com/land.php
BRAND NEW at the House of Agnes
PAMPER YOURSELF WITH OUR IN-HOUSE SPA TREATMENTS
Our highly experienced
beauty therapist Sabi Pokharel has trained in some of the most exclusive
Five Star hotels in the world. She comes to us with a selection of
treatments which we are able to offer to our guests in the privacy of
their own rooms at the House of Agnes.
Treatments must be booked in advance and availability is limited due to popularity
- A range of full body massages from £65.00 including deep tissue , sports and aromatherapy massages
Contact us for further information and for a complete list of treatments available